Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Valentine Heart

Have you ever seen a heart????, the one we all have on the left side of our body, protected in our chest? How many people, not including biologist, doctor, or surgeons..... but just the general public...... you think... might have seen the real, pumping heart, THE HUMAN HEART, the one in the pic above? (pause)
hmm...not very many people i guess.

but general public have seen the "THE HEART", the valentine heart...... which has beautiful pure red color, and its has perfect shape, with not arteries or veins coming in and out of it. This heart can even break into two pieces. THE HEART is not pumping the blood instead it is "beating" for someone... :). Sounds so romantic ...isn't it....huh?

It was thanksgiving eve and i was driving to San Jose airport to pick up my cousin Jassi, who was flying in from San Diego. She is my aunt's daughter and very professional by nature. She is doing her Post doctoral research for "The Heart Association of America" . She is kind of the person, from whom you learn new things, and a great example for me and other girls of our family.

Coming back to the point. The traffic jam was making me insane. The cars were moving at 10 mph in zone of 65 mph. I was listening to FM...I knew i was so late for airport. But anyhow I was happy, i knew i was gonna have blast with my cousin, we were gonna play air hockey and have an explosion of fun.

Finally i reached airport and I was soooooooo happy to see her. She looked so tired but gorgeous as always. On the phone, she told me that she had some surprise for me... I was hoping it would be some kind of shell that she might have collected from beach in san diego.........Because from last few times i am getting the pearls or shells from her. I am very found of collecting shells and pearls.

Hey!! we all love surprises don't we???????? So while walking back to parking lot, I asked her what was the surprise...... She was like, wait, lets go home and than she will tell me..i couldn't wait....so I was just going to ask her to atleast give me a hint... and that very moment my friend Roubel called me. The one who recently tried to commit suicide before my birthday and almost killed herself for her loser boyfriend. She said that ~she was really upset and her "Heart" is not ready to accept that her boy friend could be that rude and mean person. She was betrayed in love... I was consoling her and telling her that instead of using her "Heart" to make decission, she should use her brain....very cheesy line to say ...but i did said it. Coz i didn't know what else to say and i told her that i will call her at night.

Jassi and I were driving back home and she changed the channel of radio to listen to current event of the world. She asked me about Roubel's boyfriend? and if he has called again? This question just completely made me angry. "I hate that person", I said. Its not really his fault.......its Roubel's fault. How can she fall in love with person who is cheap, uneducated, practically a road side romeo.What was she thinking for all this time? That he was going to marry her? He is practically a flirt ass......one of those cheap guys who just uses the girl for their random play, just like a toy. She deserve some one, who is lot more better then him. I was all heated up. I said "she should use her brain, before making any decissions now. Atleast she could have dated a guy who was bit educated and sensitive".

(People who are reading my blog let me tell you that I don't like judging people whatsoever but believe me the tragic incident with my friend had shaken me so hard that i felt like my soul came out of my body. I can't imagine losing any more friends in my life.)

I just stopped talking. She could have died on spot on that very day....this thought made me really sad.

Few minutes later, Jassi asked me, "what is the heart???" I was like~ what kind of question is that?? she said "just answer me "...

I said~Its a Organ, (pause) that pumps blood to the body
Precisely~its a muscle. I continued defining heart.....
Its a pacemaker that can depolarize it self, means it doesn't need any control from brain to activate itself. It can just work independently on its own, if it has too. That is the reason the heart transplants are possible. I summed up by saying~A very fascinating organ..

She said "now you should know why Roubel choose that guy...Heart is a pacemaker"

I realized that answered my own question ~which was why people, when start liking someone think from heart rather than a brain??? I realized "When you like someone, your heart [ which is normally a muscle, and under control of brain and functions efficiently to keep you alive] fall out of your chest and becomes the valentine heart~The HEART., which has a perfect shape. It becomes independent of all the strings, all the controls. No matter how hard brain tries to control it and.... attempts to make it understand that its all wrong.
... THE HEART doesn't care and doesn't listen. Instead of functioning for you, its starts to just beat for that very person whom you like/love. It is indeed a fascinating organ..!!!!


I was lost in my own thoughts and suddenly, Jassi said, "i think you are prepared to know the surprise..?" I was like what you mean by "Prepared"..? She said, "Please don't freak out.."

She said~ "I met one guy in my research unit and I love him a lot". For minute i felt like her voice was falling on my ears, but practically i have gone deaf. All these years of her life, she didn't believed in falling in love before marriage, as it was UNETHICAL...and suddenly what happened????

I looked at her, she was blushing and i could see sparkles in her eyes...! without saying anything i just kept on driving back.
I guess this news was more of the shock rather then a surprise for me... but my heart was just praying that she doesn't go through the heartache....in which valentine's THE HEART breaks into two piece... atleast she could have a perfect ending, just like in fairy tales.
Few minutes later (still driving), we heard the news of mumbai shootings on radio, ....which i think was quite ironic...!!! Immediately, our subject of conversation changed...

Parvy


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Parv, awesome blog. Heart is indeed a mystery organ..lol. Your attempt to present the difference b/w the anatomical heart and valentine heart is fantastic.
hard to believe that hardcore woman is in love ~JASSI..hehehe...