Friday, October 10, 2008

When trust is an Issue...

How many of us trust people quite easily? I was among one of those people...but i have changed, I have become more of cautious kind of person..not sure if thats good or bad...


Today in morning, I woke up just on time. I was getting quite late for my rock climbing class. I quickly brushed my teeth and left for my class in night pj's. I didn't even get time to eat. It was windy morning. I was excited because finally after 4 lessons on climbing and belaying we were going to actually climb the 30 feet tall rocked wall. I have been waiting for this day since last year, when i came to know that ARC offers rock climbing classes.

After reaching ARC, I quickly wore my climbing shoes, got my harness and other climbing device from instrument room. We did warm-up exercise, the whole time i was telling my partner Henry Yu, that i can't wait to be up that high. After quick warm up, our coach Mathew Vaughn gave us safety tips.

I got ready for climbing with my safety belt and tight rope around me. I checked Henry to make sure that he was ready to belay me. We called off our names and I started climbing, I was about ten feet high on the wall. The rocks on the wall were scrapping my hands, and it was hard to pull myself up on the rocks, but i was doing it...... BUT once i looked down at Henry who was on the ground to make sure that i don't fall....i got DAMM scared. The first thing that came to my mind was what if he couldn't belay me after reaching the top..? I felt like rocks on the higher end of the wall are about to fall on me. I got really scared. The whole point was to TRUST my partner......BUT I couldn't trust him. Even though he was saying that he has things under control and i should climb further. I could sense his voice falling on my ears, but not reaching my brain. I was becoming blank, all other student were climbing but i couldn't. I asked Henry to pull me down. When i reached the ground, a cold drench ran through my body....i was nervous, my hands were turning blue....I just sat down on the floor. My coach asked me if i was ok? I didn't said anything, I was just not feeling well at all. I apologised to my coach and Henry, and left early from class. I sat outside the gym thinking that, How can quit like that? I am not a quitter....I told myself...But i couldn't trust Henry either. I don't know why..But I am not quitter, i told my mom about the whole incident, she said "rock climbing is tough activity and i'll learn slowly and slowly. But i wasn't convinced....

Recently, TRUST has become a issue for me, I take decisions and than i don't trust my judgement. Even at work, I have stop trusting people....i doubt their decisions. Trust which is foundation of every single relationship. Does it happen with everybody? I wasn't like that, i know i used to trust people quite easily...since when i have changed?? I have no clue....

Parvy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wen a parent throws his child in d air, d child giggles n ejoyz coz he trusts dat his parent wud catch him.. Dats d definition of trust.. now even if d parent drops his child once by mistake, dat wont make dchild distrust his parent.. similarly if, while touching one rose u got stuck by a thorn, dat dznt mean u wud start hatin all roses.. Dere r roses fr evyone who wants to c dem.. d similar is d case wid trust.. if one gets d sting of betrayal from one person, dat dznt mean he/she shud stop trustin anyone.. i knw its easier said den done.. a lil incidence can totally turn a person into a paranoid.. bt one has to try to cum outta it or one ends up hurtin a trustworthy person.. may god help all of us to get outta such situationz cz sumhw or d odr we all get into such situations wen v dn trust anyone.. atleast i m struck wid d same syndrome..
so, god blezz u, me n all..

Butterfly said...

Thanks Prabh for your time....Missing of the trust can break the relationship. Trust is the most important thing...how can you say that person "you love him/her" but not consider them trustworthy and faithful....?

Anonymous said...

ya, i totally agree, trust is d sine-qua-non of every relation.. if trust is missin, d relation cant survive.. so d best thing is to learn to trust, lil lil things strengthen d trust.. one juz needs to recognise dose trivial things, n need to hav a suspicion free eye n an attitude.. it really helps even though, more often den not, u wud b dejected later bt it really helps u to find such a person (perhapz juz one) whom u wud lyk to blindly trust foreva in future.. n dats wen d pursuit of a trustworthy person finishez.. one has to strive n thrive n den hope n hav faith in oneself (nt alwaez in god) to get such a person..
hope u get ur trust back..
god blezz u

adieu

Anonymous said...

thnx parvzz fr lettin me share ma thoughts wid u on ur blog..

Anonymous said...

Never trust, never commit, never believe, never judge. Question every thing, every move , every gesture. Doubt , deligence and dilemma are the strongest weapon for the warrior of light.